English 4, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

 

Warm Salutations


Earthlings from the Faculty of Arts,


In this very special moment, I am bringing to you the first out of five blog sessions we will be working on.

 

In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following classwork:


Which country would you like to go to? Why?


What do you know about it?

What would you like to do there?

- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain.

Upload pictures (optional)

Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s entry

Word Count160 words

 

Down below, I am leaving you a written sample for you to have an idea. 

 

 

"Hi everybody,

 To go straight to the point, I will say that I would like to visit Japan in the near future. Since it is the birthplace of all anime and video games, Japan makes its way as one of the most interesting places to visit on the globe.

Japan is a very beautiful place, full of a rich inner-city life. On this occasion, I would like to focus on Akihabara District. This is paradise, literally. This is a place where all the arcade game shops you have ever imagined are located. You can play on the last video game machines, or go directly to the past and visit some old school antiques arcade machines.

As it is of common knowledge, going to Japan entails a beautiful travel experience. Nevertheless, I think I would never go and live in Japan since it possesses a completely opposed idiosyncrasy from Chile. I think it would take a lot of time, patience and effort to go and mingle with people there".

 

Thanks a lot for reading,

Kind Regards!

Comments

  1. I think that Japan is a good place to visit. I would like to visit it too in a future because i love the games too, but i love especially the oriental food that i tasted here in Chile, but i would to try the original gastronomy of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as you will see, Japan is also my perfect destination. The anime culture is my main reason too, but obviusly is not the only one. Later in the text you talk about the idiosyncrasy and i have to say that it is a very important point if you wanna live in another country

    ReplyDelete
  4. Japan is a very interesting place and everybody would like to know it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Japan is a beautiful and place, but also culturally is very different to Chile, this is one of the best parts of this country, knowing a different culture, so richfull and exotic to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is very interesting to visit such a rich culture, which has influenced both its technology in the service of entertainment and anime. looks like a best destin for to visit.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the japan culture and I would visit this country someday too! I would travel to the contry where born the anime, because I'm a otaku. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's sound very fun go and play in the arcade machines in Akihabara District, i also wanna go there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow japan sound a great place to visit I really apreciate the great adavance in technology

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 4, Post 3, ' 'My dream job'

English 4, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'