English 4, Post 5 [FINAL], 'Changes to my study programme'

 Warm Salutations,


This week, I am bringing to you the fifth and final blog session.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:



Write about some changes that could be made to your study programme

Among others, think about:

> The curriculum (the subjects you have to study)
> Workload and length of studies
> Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)
> Use of technology
> Teaching Methods


- Word Count: 230
- Leave comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and your teacher's blog entry 



As I always do, I leave you with a sample post,


"I think I would not change any of the subjects from the undergraduate programme I studied. They are OK and I have no complaints whatsoever. The curriculum was probably meant to cover every single aspect of English Linguistics and Literature. What it did not cover was Spanish Linguistics, and of course, I did not study Spanish Linguistics. Even though I took a subject on Spanish Grammar and Introduction to Literary Studies completely in Spanish, it was not complete enough to say that I received enough linguistic training in Spanish Linguistics and Literature.


That being so, and focusing on the workload and length of studies, I think they were kind of appropriate since we were university students and we were meant to be there from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm. We, as students, were taking a full-time academic workload and it was OK as well. Furthermore, I would say this training in English Linguistics, formally speaking at least, helped enormously to create a sense of discipline of study and on this matter, a full-time formal training was also OK.  


On another tone, The Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities falls into dark times concerning the not very amicable status of its facilities and use of technology. When entering the faculty’s facilities one can feel a terrible sense of isolation from the outside world. What I mean to say is that there is not a single trace of technology from this century.

In an overall appraisal, I would say I liked the programme in itself. As I already said, it was nothing else but formal training in Linguistics in four years.  Boring you might say, but quite useful". 


What about you?

Cheers!

Comments

  1. a very long timetable , but if it helps to keep up whith the study routine it is welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great that you don't want to change things in your career.
    Thats cools, and is cool too when you said that you studied a subject that was a introduction to Spanish grammar, sounds so interesting and its show your interest in the languages.
    Great post, see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it means a good thing about your career if you would not change anything in the study programme, it looks good all around, on the other hand, the days were quite long haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that the constant updating of teaching methods is necessary to make it friendlier, or at least more in tune so as not to remain so "isolated"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel good for you, because you don´t have to change anything about your study programme. Unlike me :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope someday my music carreer in the University was more shortly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 4, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'

English 4, Post 4, 'Time Travel to the past or future'